Sport psychology and Peak Performance Program FAQ’s
Common questions about the Performing Edge Coaching International Certification
What I’m hoping to know is how far along in your certification program I will be able to get with the training?
You can complete the requirements for the Certified Performing Edge Coach in the course when you do the reading and complete the assignments given (just one short book chapter per week).
Most students are highly motivated and achievement oriented so you should be able to complete all the work, and learn the skills of PECI very quickly during the training period.
Do you think I’ll be able to make something of this without being a licensed therapist? I need some truth about what I can and can’t do and how I can help people.
You do not need to be a therapist to be a successful Performing Edge coach. In fact many people are now choosing the coaching route over therapy because coaching is much more lucrative and fulfilling than therapy.
You don’t have to deal with being on insurance company panels – which are requiring more and more paperwork, restricting care and reimbursement, and paying less and less per hour.
People no longer want to be dependent on insurance companies or on companies for their livelihood.
With coaching, you can choose the types of clients you want, you can develop your own niche, you can choose your own private fees to charge your clients, and you can have the lifestyle and freedom you’ve always wanted.
Will there be a realistic way to use this training?
1) There are many lucrative ways to use this training which include:
Your own independent coaching practice – by phone or in-office
Host your own radio show
Professional Keynote speaker for Wellness Programs for corporations (very lucrative)
Teleseminars and Webinars from your home office
Courses and Distance Learning Seminars
Certified practitioner working in a Dr.’s private practice – in office or by referral
Certified Instructor in a fitness program
Certified Coach in a hospital or clinic
Certified Consultant on a University or college staff
Will fitness and health care professionals, coaches, and athletes respect this training and certification?
Health Care professionals have great respect for the Performing Edge Coaching International Certification and Dr. JoAnn Dahlkoetter’s training because:
- Over 500,000 health care professionals and university professors worldwide own and use the Your Performing Edge books, CD’s and YPE Learning System as one of their primary manuals and reference guides for their own professional coaching practice, teaching and research.
- Millions of followers have seen Dr. JoAnn Dahlkoetter’s expert commentary and the Your Performing Edge method repeatedly presented on OPRAH, on ABC, NBC, Fox News, and BBC TV networks.
For reference view this professional speaking-coaching video clip:
Dr. JoAnn Dahlkoetter – Professional Speaking-Coaching Video –
In this video, Dr. JoAnn’s YPE method is endorsed by Dr. Denis Waitley, Former Chairman, US OLYMPIC Committee Sports Medicine Council, and by OLYMPIC Gold Medalists
This video shows the Hawaii Ironman Championship Finish, Keynote speeches for audiences of 10,000, and Dr. JoAnn’s national TV appearances on NBC-TV, ABC, BBC, and Fox News as an expert for the Olympics!
- Dr. JoAnn Dahlkoetter has been on the medical staff at Stanford University Medical Center for 10 years. PECI students will have this very prestigious association with Stanford University, being trained by Dr. JoAnn which can easily open many doors for coaching, business, and career opportunities.
- Dr. JoAnn Dahlkoetter has worked as a credentialed sports psychologist On-site during the last 4 Olympic Games working with her many Olympic clients.PECI students have this key connection and high status associated with the Olympics.
You can view Dr. JoAnn’s NBC-TV Olympics Interview here for Vancouver here: